The program of the final evening of the Muciara Short Film Festival, live, in Valderice on 1 August 2021: 10 finalist short films, Out of Competition shorts and the awarding of the winners.
The awards ceremony for the Muciara Short Film Festival will be held on 1 August 2021 at the Tonnara di Bonagia, Valderice, Trapani, in the presence of the mayor of Valderice Francesco Stabile, the councilor for Cultural and Sports Tourism Promotion Cristina Ferro. Also present were some representatives of the technical jury (composed of Vittorio Magazzù, actor; Dario Indelicato - documentary maker, editor and Digital Imaging Technician; Simone Scafidi - director and cinema teacher; Emanuele Pasquet - director of photography) and the godmother of the event, the 'actress Anna Falchi. Claudia Parrinello leads the evening.
During the evening, the Out of Competition works by authors born or resident in Sicily, selected by the organization in collaboration with the artistic direction, will also be screened.
The award ceremony of the Muciara Short Film Festival: the program
The Festival is hosted in the evocative location of the Tonnara di Bonagia, part of the heritage enhancement projects that led, in 2019, to the opening of the museum located inside the Torre della Tonnara. One of the most evocative places in ancient Sicily becomes the stage of the first edition of the Muciara Film Festival. The event is free and open to everyone and everyone. Here is the program of the evening:
- 15:30 screening of the Sicilian shorts Out of Competition
- 16:30 screening of the finalist shorts (first part)
- 18:30 meeting with Anna Falchi
- 19:30 - 20:45 screening of the finalist shorts (second part)
- 21:30 Awarding of the winners
The finalists of the Muciara Short Film Festival
In all, there are ten finalists of the Muciara Short Film Festival. Here they are below:
- Faces, directed by Iván Sainz-Pardo (Spain, 2020)
- Quelli che eravamo, directed by Samuel Di Marzo (Italy, 2021)
- Cuore di strega, directed by Marco Baroni (Italy, 2021)
- #picoftheday, directed by Andrea Beluto (Italy, 2020)
- Cursed Granny, directed by Suso Imbernón, Juanjo Moscardó Rius (Spain, 2019)
- Gronde Marmaille, directed by Clémentine Carrié (France, 2018)
- A world free of crisis, directed by Ted Hardy-Carnac (France, 2021)
- La Grande Onda, directed by Francesco Tortorella (Italy, 2020)
- Con i Pedoni tra le nuvole, directed by Maurizio Rigatti (Italy, 2021)
- Just like water, directed by Manos Triantafillakis (Greece, 2021)
Three of them will win, during the evening of 1 August 2021, the Muciara Film Festival Award (First place: 500.00 Euros in Amazon voucher; Second place: Weekend for two people at a tourist village; Third place: Basket of typical products of the territory), the “Non Reale” Award assigned by SilenzioinSala.com to the best short film of the genre, the Special Mention assigned by Associazione Bonagia Eventi.
We look forward to seeing you in Bonagia, Valderice, on 1st August 2021. Don't miss it!